Rafael on the Issues
A Prosperous Future for DuPage County
DuPage County is a unique and diverse community that provides a great environment to raise a family, run a business, and enjoy culture as well as nature. Currently all of Illinois is facing a difficult task--and DuPage County is not exempt. We need elected officials who are willing take stands for the good of the people--not for the good of the career politicians. DuPage County can continue to grow economically and offer wonderful educational, cultural and recreational opportunities if our elected officials are willing to hold firm to policies that put the well-being of the citizens of this county first.
Here are some of the issues I strongly believe are essential to providing a prosperous future for DuPage County.
Promote Business and Create Jobs
- We need to encourage business in DuPage County.
- I’ve pledged to oppose ANY and ALL efforts to increase taxes and I support tax cuts, which will spur economic growth.
- Reduce the tax burden on families.
- Eliminate publicaly funded pensions for part-time DuPage County Board members.
- Taxpayers should not pay for pension benefits (and generous pension benefits to boot!) to part-time elected officials who voluntarily choose to be public servants on the DuPage County Board.
- I've pledged to decline all pension and health care benefits.
- Sign the Petition to Eliminate Publicly Funded Pensions for Part-Time DuPage County Board Members.
- Related: Eliminate Publicly Funded Pensions for Part-Time DuPage County Board Members; Update On Pensions for Part-Time County Board Members
- Save DuPage County taxpayers $1 Million per year: Slash DuPage County Board members' salaries by 50% and eliminate pension and health care benefits for part-time DuPage County Board members.
- Improve efficiency, streamline operations, and consolidate wasteful or redundant levels of government.
- Related: [VIDEO] Save DuPage County taxpayers $1 Million per year; [VIDEO] Smarter Government that works for you
- I support total transparency in county government.
- I’ve signed the Illinois Policy Institute’s Transparency Pledge to ensure county government is doing everything within its power to make it easy for citizens to track the spending habits of our government.
- Increase transparency to make DuPage County the model for the rest of the country.
- Related: Increase Transparency: Post Employee Salary and Benefits; Increase Transparency Day 2: Make Contracts and Lobbying Information More Easily Accessible
- Much of the current mess that Illinois is in can be blamed on the machine politicians whose stale ideas and Old Boys Club ways have governed this state.
- Illinois needs to put corruption in the past, and look towards the future.
- I support enacting term limits that will limit politicians’ power.
- DuPage County is blessed with beautiful landscapes that need to be protected.